Most of my friends know that I dislikes going to crowded and unfamiliar places, what's more meeting up a group of people who you aren't close with?
Okay, so maybe they are once your classmates and that it is out of courtesy that they bother to ask you....
but won't going there just going make things more awkward? I mean we had like two out of the four years to socialize within the four walls of the classroom but at the end of the day, no.. things just didn't really work out to the extend that I feel comfortable enough with you.
Well, in fact I really really appreciate you inviting me. However, please understand me when I politely decline your offer and wish that you will have a fun and enjoyable day that I might actually have plans. Yes, I cannot blame you because everyone knows me as a modern day caveman who choose to stay at home 24/7 if things permit, but please note that as socially awkward as I am, I might have other things to do and do not simply just assume things.... And yes, contacting me only when you have an event going on is seriously not the ideal way I want to meet up with you.
People who are really sincere are those who probably take the time to contact you even after we go separate ways for they really have the intention to catch up with you, to know how your life have been and not just because they are having a celebration next week. In which am thankful that I still have some friends who bother to do so. If that the case, please note I have no problem meeting up with you, once in a while. :)
By the end of this post, I probably sound like a proud idiot who thinks that the world revolve around me or something. But hey, you already chose your group of friends that you want to hang up with (and you didn't even bother to update me with your hp no. change, that says ALOT) and I have mine too I think.... But just know that assuming things is really making an ass out of you and me. You knew about the incident I had with one of your friends (our classmates) due to assumptions and you want to recreate that situation again? I hope not...