Consequences. We all know that actions have consequences and if we decided to take action, we must be willing to bear the consequences right?
Well... I went to eat dinner today with my family and their friends at some coffee shop. There will DEFINITELY be people smoking and I have no right to say anything. Hey, I mean it a free world what can I do?
Unless there are like some people who decided to ignore the 'No smoking' sign posted at the area we sit in. Erm like... there a reason why we chose to sit there?
In no way do I like to stir trouble or poke my nose into other business if it does not concern me, but it doesn't help if the smoke from the cigarette of the smoker from the next table constantly drifted over to our table. I would turn a blind eye if that person smoke and the smoke does not drift over to our table or he stop at ONE cigarette, but oh no, he was a chain smoker. Just damn bloody great -.-.
I went up to him and stopped him at his 3rd cigarette. Even better, he stared at me afterwards like I was the one in the wrong. C'mon, even if he illiterate does not mean he cannot see pictures right?
No, am not trying to be difficult but I have no intention to die young from passive smoking and the 'smoking' area is like just 4 meters away??!! Sometimes, just because no one stop them does not mean you are encouraged to continue... It worse if you need a teenager to point out that to an adult.
So what does it got to do with action and consequences.
Well directly after that, it didn't help if my parent say that there was no wrong or right to what I did, but had that guy was probably from some gang (gang issue in Singapore is serious), I will not be sitting here writing all these things down already.
Yes, I didn't feel good at all, instead I felt uncomfortable like I did something wrong. My action of stopping him could have the consequences of hurting me. Then has it occur to the smoker that his action (smoking) could lead to his consequences (someone embarrassing him)?
At the end of the day, as I mention earlier, I would have tolerate and kept my mouth shut if the smoke doesn't come over to our table (yes, I have an intense hatred for the cigarette smoke smell) but it didn't. Am also positive that I did not intentionally tried to stir up trouble but merely pointed out something that was already set. So tell me again, why should I feel uneasy as though someone might harm me or there some people who are just so unreasonable?